Hair Donation in Scottsdale
Where can I donate hair near me in Scottsdale? Look no further. Clyde Hale, owner of Clyde’s Salon located inside of Salon Knotti, can help you fulfill your mission to make a difference in the life of someone who is battling cancer. If you have been growing your hair out, you can get a new style while giving your hair to an organization that will use it to make a wig for someone who has cancer.
“Donating hair for me is a more personal gift than sending money,” said Belinda A. Dominguez. “These children have so much to worry about and if donating my hair gives them one less thing to worry about, I say it’s worth it.”
As a hairstylist in Scottsdale, Clyde will give you a great new style while allowing your hair to be donated to the organization of your choice. After your appointment, you will then be responsible for sending your hair to the charity. There are many excellent options available, like:
- Locks of Love
- Pantene Beautiful Lengths
- Wigs for Kids
- Child Leukemia Foundation
- Hair We Share
- Children with Hair Loss
Tips for Your Hair Donation
If you are interested in donating your hair, it is important to do your research. Choose the right program and make sure that you understand their donation requirements, such as the length needed, type of hair, and the color and condition.
While you grow your hair, make sure you keep it in good condition. If your hair is damaged, consider using a repairing shampoo and a deep conditioning treatment. It is best to avoid exposing your hair to any unnecessary heat or chemicals that can cause damage, which may result in the charity declining your donation.
When you are ready to donate your hair, it is time to find a salon and choose a new look. I will help you pick a style that fits your natural beauty and your lifestyle if you need help. I will safely and effectively cut your hair to ensure that it can be mailed to the charity of your choice, then I will give you a great new style that you are sure to love.
Locks of Love Donation Requirements
- Hair that is colored or permed is acceptable.
- Hair cut years ago is usable if it has been stored in a ponytail or braid.
- Hair that has been bleached (usually this refers to highlighted hair) is not usable. If unsure, ask your stylist. We are not able to accept bleached hair due to a chemical reaction that occurs during the manufacturing process. **If the hair was bleached years ago and has completely grown out it is fine to donate.
- Hair that is swept off of the floor is not usable because it is not bundled in a ponytail or braid.
- Hair that is shaved off and not in a ponytail or braid is not usable. If shaving your head, first divide hair into multiple ponytails to cut off.
- We cannot accept dreadlocks. Our manufacturer is not able to use them in our children’s hairpieces. We also cannot accept wigs, falls, hair extensions or synthetic hair.
- Layered hair is acceptable if the longest layer is 10 inches.
- Layered hair may be divided into multiple ponytails.
- Curly hair may be pulled straight to measure the minimum 10 inches.
- 10 inches measured tip to tip is the minimum length needed for a hairpiece.
Make a Difference Today!
If you are ready to donate your hair, I would be honored to help you fulfill your dream. Call or text me today at 480-209-6057 or book an appointment online.